SpaandanB Austin Project Summary by Year
Here is a summary of our year 2019:
- We started the year 2019 with our website restart. http://spaandanb.org/
- On January 19th, SpaandanB Austin volunteers, as part of our local initiatives, painted a house with Habitat for Humanity at Williamson County. More: http://spaandanb.org/
- On March 30th, SpaandanB Austin conducted a benefit project for Rohingya refugees currently living in Bangladesh. This project involved raising funds through social media and community campaigns, partnering with three local bands to organize a charity concert. In the end, we raised $60,000 and donated to BRAC Bangladesh to help the refugees. More: http://spaandanb.org/austin/
- SpaandanB Austin also partnered with Rotary Club of Dhaka to conduct Medical and Eye clinics in Mymensingh in 2019.
- SpaandanB Austin conducted a Service Day and Dinner for project updates, discussions and brainstorming sessions on Saturday, Oct 19th with the local community members. While this was not a fundraising event, we reflected on our past projects and looked into the projects in the upcoming year. We discussed and shared ideas in sponsoring a project in your own area in Bangladesh or participate in our other projects including local charitable projects.
- The Service Day Dinner followed a day of service partnering with Williamson County Habitat for Humanity to paint a house for a family in need. More: http://spaandanb.org/
- SpaandanB Austin other ongoing projects continued throughout the year and past projects can be seen on our website and on our social media page: https://www.facebook.